Re: un! What will happen when sarge becomes officially stable?

Sven Mueller <sven@incase.de> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I have seen various diverging infos about what will happen to the
> AMD64 ports once Sarge becomes stable. So to have some more background
> on a few decisions (mostly for home use) I have to make:
>
> What will happen to the two AMD64 ports (pure-64 and gcc3.4) once
> Sarge becomes stable?
>
> Will there be any (more or less) unofficial sarge/stable AMD64 port?
>
> Regards,
> Sven

We plan to release an inofficial sarge-amd64 shortly after sarge
(allow for a final sync and check that everything is fine, create CDs,
DVDs, ...). It is also planed to do security support, by whom is not
yet clear as noone has steped up for it yet. I also think "etch" will
be added at the same time sarge goes stable.

Then, when sarge is out of the way, the new mirroring should get
implemented by Debian alowing mirrors to drop unimportant archs and
making space for amd64 to be added. Once that happens Debian will have
an official etch and sid amd64 and those two will fade from alioth
then, leaving only sarge and security there.

Well, that is the plan anyway.

What happens to the gcc-3.4/gcc-4.0 repository is totaly undecided and
I leave that up to Andreas as he is doing all the work on it.

MfG
        Goswin