Re: pinning for easy downgrading

On 19 Feb 2005, 10:24, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> For sarge:
>
> mrvn@frosties:~% cat /mnt/buildd/sarge/etc/apt/preferences
> Package: *
> Pin: release o=Debian-amd64,a=testing,v=3.1
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> For sid:
>
> mrvn@frosties:~% cat /mnt/buildd/sarge/etc/apt/preferences
> Package: *
> Pin: release o=Debian-amd64,a=unstable,v=3.2
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> Sarge is all done except for having 78 packages less than sid has that
> it should have. Things that need patches to compile mostly.

Am I wrong or pure64/sarge points to sid and the "real" Sarge you are
referring to is in debian-pure64/testing instead?

Anyway, I choose to apt-get both repositories, go for testing and
install some package from sid (with '-t unstable' option) only if I
really need it:

# cat /etc/apt/preferences
Package:  *
Pin:  release a=testing
Pin-Priority:  900

Package:  *
Pin:  release a=unstable
Pin-Priority:  99

--
 <@,@>  Il corpo del povero cadrebbe subito in pezzi
 [`-']  se non fosse legato ben stretto dal filo dei sogni