Re: Strange package priorities

Andreas Jochens <aj@andaco.de> writes:

> On 05-Feb-18 11:14, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> Andreas Jochens <aj@andaco.de> writes:
>> We have the ability to use overrides. If anything breaks due to the
>> wrong priorities I can install override files on alioth and test the
>> feature. I'm not sure how well it works though so I would only do it
>> if needed.
>
> I do not like the idea of overrides. If a package is somehow broken,
> it should be fixed and not 'overridden' by the archive software.
>
> Regards
> Andreas Jochens
>
> BTW: Thank you for fixing the wanna-build updates for the
>      gcc-3.4 archive a few days ago! It works quite well now.

I think wanna-build lost the complete source database when the disk
was full and will (or maybe already did) hapily download all sources
from merkel again (replacing all patched sources). Is that a problem?

I stoped the source builder for now:

      Known packages:    9328 (   9328)
  Installed packages:    3740
Needs-build packages:    5585