Re: Rebuild of the libqt3.

seb@frankengul.org writes:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 04:49:51PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> > Should I file a bug report ?
>>
>> Against what? If a recompile fixes the problem then libQT3 is not to
>> blame. No, you just have to get Andreas to rebuild it.
>
> Againt miscompilation of this package , it must be treaten as if there
> was code broken since the package makes major packages unusable
> (everything that depends on libqt3, quite a lot of packages to my opinion).
>
> Something like libqt3-3.3.3-8.0.0.1.1,
> with changelog:
> fix bad generation of the package.
>
> Don't know why it should be treaten differently as a bug (it is a bug).
>
> 	seb

For bugs to be filed we would need to have a BTS running. I doubt
Debian maintainers would welcome having amd64 and especially gcc-4.0
bugs intrude on their packages. hmm, hey, we have a BTS on alioth. We
could start using the bug tracker there?

What we can do is mark those packages in wanna-build, anyone with an
alioth account and in the debian-amd64 group can do that. Maybe
someone can even implement some shell code for the wanna-build +
build.sh that would trigger a rebuild on certain contidions (in
wanna-build) and increase the version (in build.sh).

MfG
        Goswin