Re: sata disk failure?

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 01:04:16AM +0100, Guillaume Laur?s wrote:
> I get this behaviour too ! After some time I get the "abnormal status"
> messages and the disk is dead until reboot. pure64 is installed on a
> pata drive (the sata is almost unusable).
> nforce 250Gb (sata_nv) + seagate 200 G (dont have the model number
> handy)

I haven't heard about sata_nv doing weird things with seagate disks.

> I tried the 2.6.10 kernel from pure64 as well as a self-compiled
> 2.6.11-rc3.

This sounds like a bug that's not yet fixed in a  recent kernel. Could
you report this to linux-ide@vger.kernel.org? Be sure to include
(relevant) output of 'lspci -vvvxx', the exact model number of the
drive and the kernel error log?

Erik

--
+-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --