Re: quake3

Le jeudi 10 février 2005 à 14:35 -0800, tony mancill a écrit :

> Another article recommended this, which did do the trick:
>
>   echo "et.x86 0 0 direct" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss
>
> Or if you use systune, add this line to /etc/systune.conf:
>
>   /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss:et.x86 0 0 direct
>
> In both cases, you'll need to change the "et.x86" to the name of the
> executable that runs quake3.

after testing quake 3 hang with this echoing
I can play without sound in 32 or 64 bits but it freeze when i do that
with another sound car it work (without echoing to proc)
isn't that look like a bug in the intel alsa driver ?

If i have some time i will test ET

For doom3 , oss emulation work well, but alsa don't work, it need
libasound.
If I install libasound i386 in /emul/ia32-linux and symlink it in doom3
dir my computer freeze
(reset)
I will use oss but people who want multichannel can't use it (I think)