Re: Anyone using gcc-3.4 port for audio work?

|--==> Daniel James writes:

  DJ> Hi Free,
  >>My application as Debian maintainer has been approved, but I'm
  >>waiting for the  actual account. After  I  get it I'll be  able  to
  >>upload the missing  packages.

  DJ> Would this include your patched kernel packages?

Yes, all the kernel-patch-XX packages I'm using to build the kernels.

  DJ> Do you think 2.6.x
  DJ> may be essential for x86_64 audio machines?

I'm not a kernel expert, but I guess that 2.6.x has better support for
64bit machines. It's just a rather arbitrary guess though.

  >>In the  meantime,  anyone willing
  >> to  sponsor the upload? :)

  DJ> What kind of sponsorship are you looking for? I can think of a few
  DJ> people you could ask.

A debian developer who uploads the package for me.

  >>It would be great to make debian/demudi running on amd64.

  DJ> I think free software has potentially a strong lead in this area. For
  DJ> musicians, neither Windows XP or OS X can offer a pure 64-bit
  DJ> platform, and probably will not for a while.

That's true.

Cheers,

Free

PS: I'm compiling the 2.6.10+realtime-preempt+realtime-lsm right now..