USB mouse stops working intermittently with dmesg errors: drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received

When I am using a microsoft usb wheel mouse optical, the mouse freezes randomly. The mouse will stay frozen until I unplug/replug it.

dmesg reports a truckload of this message:

drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received

until I replug it. no more messages appear until the mouse freezes (I think & assume).

Does anyone have any idea what -84 means.

I would bugreport this to kernel, but I am not sure if they will accept amd64 bugs. Where should I report this bug?

Cheers - Nick