Re: USB mouse stops working intermittently with dmesg errors: drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:48:36AM +0800, Nick Hemsley wrote:
> drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received
>
> until I replug it. no more messages appear until the mouse freezes (I
> think & assume).

I had a similar issue with my 5 year old logitech mouseman wheel, I
filed #287934[1] for this. This behaviour was not present in 2.6.8 but in
2.6.9 and 2.6.10. I now have a mx510 and everything is fine (wanted to
replace the mouse nonetheless).

> I would bugreport this to kernel, but I am not sure if they will accept
> amd64 bugs. Where should I report this bug?

Of course, amd64 kernels are officially supported by the Debian Kernel
Team. Since the bug is already known, you could send in more
informations.
Usually you have to open the bug against the kernel image you are
experiencing trouble with.

Kind regards
Frederik Schueler

ENOSIG