Re: amd64(gcc4): aptitude dumps core

On 05-Jan-13 20:30, Harald Dunkel wrote:

> PS: The broken binary compatibility between gcc 3.4.x and
> 4.0 might be unwanted. Maybe we should report this to the
> gcc maintainers?

If it really is a case of broken binary compatibility it should be
reported, I think. However, I am not sure if it really is a binary
incompatibility. I can not reliably reproduce the problem here.
If you can find out more about this, please report it.

The 'synaptics' package had a similar problem, i.e. it also segfaulted
after the upload of the latest apt version. In both cases a
recompilation of the package with gcc-4.0 fixed the segfault.

Regards
Andreas Jochens