Re: Installation disks should be using 2.6.10 kernel

* brad (bmdefnall@comcast.net) wrote:
> seb@frankengul.org wrote:
> >That's exactly my point. The 2.6.10 is vastly superior to the previous
> >kernel and should be elected as the kernel of choice for installation on
> >amd64 motherboards (or at least, on motherboards with the nforce3 250).
> >
> >But, such netboot image don't exist at this time.
> >
> >I wondered how difficult it is to refresh the netboot ISO ?

Sorry to jump in here in the middle.  A 2.6.10 amd64 ISO would be nice
but I've noticed at least one problem w/ 2.6.10 - grub segfaults on my
amd64 box when attempting to install the stage2 boot loader under
2.6.10.  It works fine under the 2.6.8 from the amd64 d-i ISO.  Anyone
else seen this or have any idea what's up with it?  It's a Tyan
motherboard, AMD-8111 using an LSI 53c1030 PCI-X Dual Ultra320 w/ an
external SCSI hardware RAID array.  I've got two partitions, a regular
ext3 one for root and everything else on an LVM/DM partition w/ multiple
LVs for usr, var, home, data.

	Stephen