"rock solid" motherboard

 Hi everybody,
 I'm going to buy an AMD64 system and being a debian user I plan to
install the AMD64 port. The main matter is about the mainboard. Reading
this list and googling in general is not easy to understand if a
mainboard is well supported or not. For example the ASUS K8V Deluxe is
somewhere said to be linux "rock solid", while some messages in this
list report problems with sound, acpi and random system reboots (which
really scare me).
Anyway the page:

 https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/27/mainboards.html

 shows every field without "?", thus making me think the mainboard is
fully supported.

 Almost the same applies for the nforce3 250-gb, in this list some say
some say the network and audio are well supported, while a mainboard
using this chipset, Gigabyte GA-K8N PRO shows a "?" in the sound
column of the "supported hardware" page.

 I'm a bit puzzled, but I think this is because motherboards come with
different BIOS versions and people have different experiences from the
same hardware.

 The choices I have are:

 Gigabyte GA-K8NS
 Chipset: NVIDIA nForce3 250 + ITE IT8712F
 Audio:	  Realtek ALC850 Ac'97
 Lan:	  ICS 1883 10/100Tx RJ45 or Marvell 8001

 Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
 Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 4X MCPs
 Audio:	  Realtek ALC850 Ac'97
 Lan:	  CICADA8201 Gigabit

 Asus K8V-DELUXE
 Chipset: VIA K8T800 + VT8237
 Audio:	  ADI 1980
 Lan:	  3COM 3C940 Gb

 These are almost in the same price range, the first being the
cheapest. Which one would you suggest? Are nvidia proprietary drivers
working well?

  cheers

--
 P E A C E