Re: Recommended Graphics card for OpenGL (was Matrox P650 / Athlon 64)

Gaius Mulley wrote:

> I wonder whether anyone knows (if any) graphics board can be bought
> which also has complete source code for reasonable, even average,
> performance OpenGL (Mesa) which also works on pure64?

I've had good luck with the Radeon 9200 in a number of 32-bit machines
(though I've no idea how well they'd work on AMD64).  The driver is
completely open source and supports 2D and 3D acceleration.  The
higher end Radeons have no 3D support under Linux except for ATI's
proprietary 32-bit-only drivers.

Cheers,

Cameron.