Re: Howto install Openoffice.org on Debian amd64 pure64
Narciso Cerro wrote:
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:42:39 -0700, David Liontooth
Summarizing past instructions -- this works as of today:
1. apt-get install ia32-libs-openoffice.org
2. apt-get install libstlport4.6
3. echo "deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/openoffice.org ./" >>
4. apt-get install openoffice.org-debian-files=1.1.2-2+1.0.1
5. download zlib1g_1.2.2-1_i386.deb from a Debian mirror
6. dpkg -X zlib1g_1.2.2-1_i386.deb /emul/ia32-linux
If additional libraries are needed, repeat 5-6-7 for each.
I did all your steps but i'm stuck on this error message:
OpenOffice.org for Debian - see /usr/share/doc/openoffice.org/README.Debian.gz
running openoffice.org setup...
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/setup.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
setup failed (code 0).. abort
---- Please read /usr/share/doc/openoffice.org/README.Debian.gz for
known problems -----
I got installed that library on /usr/lib/libz.so.1
I read the Readme file but i didn't find any clue.
You're getting this message because Openoffice isn't finding the 32-bit
emulation library version of zlib1g. The zlib1g you have installed in
/usr/lib doesn't help -- you need one in /emul/ia32-linux/lib.
From this error message, it looks like you didn't follow steps 5-6-7.
Did you download zlib1g_1.2.2-1_i386.deb from a Debian mirror? -- for
This is the tricky part of the installation -- once you get it, it works
fine. Just install as in #6 above and run ldconfig.