Re: AMD64 mainboard with X-PCI ?

Michelle Konzack wrote:

This is what I curently do, but get not more then 20 MByte/Second
using the Intel EtherExpress pro 1000MT.

Are you sure that the data source (wget file or whatever) is RAM resident ? That looks suspiciously like an IDE read limit or similar. I've had non-64 bit athlons running at over 90% of the wire theoretical limit on a pair of intel gigabit cards without much trouble ... but it took some thought to structure the benchmark to make sure (a) the packets contained valid data and (b) other subsystems weren't limiting the flow rate.

Alex.