Re: Ubuntu Linux AMD64 Port
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Ubuntu Linux AMD64 Port
- From: Tollef Fog Heen <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:55:26 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> (Mattias Wadenstein's message of "Tue, 21 Sep 2004 02:33:26 +0200 (MEST)")
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
* Mattias Wadenstein
| On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, amd64 wrote:
| > Does anyone know the relationship between the AMD64
| > port of ubuntu linux and the amd64 port of debian?
| > Is it a pure64 port? Is it based of the current
| > debian AMD64 port?
| They are both based on packages patched and built from the debian
| source packages and should be fairly similar. The same differences as
| between i386 ubuntu and debian applies, AFAIK.
It's a 64bit only port, yes, and it is built with the same sources as
the rest of ubuntu, that is a stabilized, patched sid snapshot as of
late June (with fixes ported over from sid).
Sorry for taking a while to respond -- just saw this thread. :)
Tollef Fog Heen ,''`.
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are : :' :