Re: dchroot with differnt linux distro ?

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 06:47:14PM -1000, Rolf Seuster wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> is it possible to use dchroot to mix a debian-amd64 with a different linux
> distribution, e.g. scientific linux cern (based on RedHat Enterprise) Or
> do significant differences between Debian and RedHat make this impossible?

   Yes, it's perfectly possible to do so. I've run Debian in a chroot
on a SuSE box before, and I currently have a Debian 32 bit chroot on
my Ubuntu 64 bit installation (admittedly, the difference in the
latter case is small, but...).

   Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
   --- You can get more with a kind word and a 2"x4" than you can ---
                         with just a kind word.