Re: 2.4 Kernel

Andreas Jochens wrote:
Which driver is that? The best would be to get it ported to 2.6 because
2.4 does not support amd64 very well. I think upstream does not backport
any amd64 related changes to 2.4 anymore and this could lead to problems because there have been quite a few fixes for amd64 in the latest 2.6 kernels.

The Promise Supertrak SX6000 driver is the culprit (the SX6000 is an ATA-RAID PCI board). It is GPLed but unfortunately it supports 2.4 only.

There are rumors that Promise has a 2.6 driver in the works, I'll contact the technical support tomorrow and try to find out more. If nothing else helps, I'll try to port it myself.

Thanks for your help,

Julian