Re: Asus K8V - acpi/cpufreq

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 15:20, Hylke van der Schaaf wrote:

> On my K8V SE Deluxe I had to make the powernow-k8 module ignore the
> "BIOS error: numpst must be 1" error for it to load.
> After that the throttling works fine, though I haven't been able to
> reduce the fan speed (haven't had time to look into that yet).

Ok, I finally got around to updating my bios to 1004 (I wasn't able to
figure out which version the board shipped with). Now that's exactly the
same situation I have here. I hacked the powernow-k8 module, works fine
now. powernowd scales quite nicely ;)

I don't know about fan speed - both /proc/acpi/thermal_zone and
/proc/acpi/fan are empty here, so I have no idea how to get the
necessary information. On the other hand, the K8V bios has a "Q-Fan
control" option that's supposed to do fan throttling. However, I don't
know what thermal trip points it uses so I'm a bit worried to turn it
on...

Anyways, thanks everyone for your help!

--
Sebastian Steinlechner