Re: browsers on AMD 64

* Giovanni Turi (giovanni.turi@iit.cnr.it) wrote:
> The 64 bit version of the mozilla-firefox browser runs ok. However
> "fundamental" plugins like the shockwave flash work only on 32 bit mode.

Hardly 'fundamental'.  Get a 64bit plugin or get the source and compile
one. :)

> Somewhere on the internet I read to install the 32 bit version of the
> browser, and run it with the linux32 wrapper. In this way it should be
> also possible to install plugins for flash and surf advanced sites.

Thankfully I don't ever run into any of these 'advanced' sites.  What
you really want is multiarch, but it's a way's off yet.  An alternative
would be to install 32bit Debian into a chroot and use that or get a
32bit statically-compiled version of mozilla-firefox.

> Is that the correct way? Does anybody know other workarounds?

I don't know if you'd actually need linux32 if you got a statically
compiled version, which you'd need unless you set up a chroot.

	Stephen