browsers on AMD 64

I'm trying to finish the set up of debian on my AMD64, and I'm currently
stuck at browsers....:-(
The 64 bit version of the mozilla-firefox browser runs ok. However
"fundamental" plugins like the shockwave flash work only on 32 bit mode.

Somewhere on the internet I read to install the 32 bit version of the
browser, and run it with the linux32 wrapper. In this way it should be
also possible to install plugins for flash and surf advanced sites.

Is that the correct way? Does anybody know other workarounds?

thanks

G.