Re: Install Report

Marcos Mezo <mmezo@selexco.net> writes:

> I just wanted to drop a note to say that I installed the debian-amd64
> port (yes I support that name too :-) ) without major problems using the
> latest D-I ISO whose link was posted to this list some days ago.
>
> The only two glitches:
> - Timezone selection (or was it country selection?, it was what came
> right after choosing the keyboard) did not work at first (but I was
> asked after the first reboot).
> - I got an error by grub, but in the end it installed fine.
>
> Sorry about the low detail errors, I was in a hurry to get it installed.
> If your are really interested I can reinstall it  on monday or tusday
> and send you more detailed errors.

Check the /var/log/ of the installed system for the logfiles from
during the install. They are copied to the installed system at some
point.

> One suggestion is to put the source for the packages somewere more
> evident. I had to go through the list archives and figured this lines
> which happened to work:
>
> deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 unstable main
> deb-src http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 unstable main
>
> (Maybe there are more packages I am missing??)

Beging tomorrow if everything works there will be main, contrib and
non-free.

> Ah! I forgot one more thing. Tasksel (first time user, so might be my
> fault) says there are no tasks. If I use the -a switch to show all
> tasks, then I see them, but they have no packages associated.

Thats a bug in the Packages files on alioth. Haven't had time to look
at where the task info comes from yet.

> Nevertheless I got everything I wanted installed by way of aptitude/apt,
> including X Window and KDE.
>
> Thanks for your efforts,
> Marcos Mezo

MfG