Re: Install Report

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 11:39:10PM +0200, Marcos Mezo wrote:
> I just wanted to drop a note to say that I installed the debian-amd64
> port (yes I support that name too :-) ) without major problems using the
> latest D-I ISO whose link was posted to this list some days ago.
>
> The only two glitches:
> - Timezone selection (or was it country selection?, it was what came
> right after choosing the keyboard) did not work at first (but I was
> asked after the first reboot).

 I don't think it's timezone that gets configured there.  It's keyboard and
LANG/LC_ALL at that point.  As you found, timezone is only configured after
you reboot, and base-config runs.  libc6's postinst takes care of timezones.

> - I got an error by grub, but in the end it installed fine.

 Great, I'm looking forward to similar good luck & success when my cluster
arrives :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)