Install Report

I just wanted to drop a note to say that I installed the debian-amd64
port (yes I support that name too :-) ) without major problems using the
latest D-I ISO whose link was posted to this list some days ago.

The only two glitches:
- Timezone selection (or was it country selection?, it was what came
right after choosing the keyboard) did not work at first (but I was
asked after the first reboot).
- I got an error by grub, but in the end it installed fine.

Sorry about the low detail errors, I was in a hurry to get it installed.
If your are really interested I can reinstall it  on monday or tusday
and send you more detailed errors.

One suggestion is to put the source for the packages somewere more
evident. I had to go through the list archives and figured this lines
which happened to work:

deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 unstable main
deb-src http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 unstable main

(Maybe there are more packages I am missing??)

Ah! I forgot one more thing. Tasksel (first time user, so might be my
fault) says there are no tasks. If I use the -a switch to show all
tasks, then I see them, but they have no packages associated.

Nevertheless I got everything I wanted installed by way of aptitude/apt,
including X Window and KDE.

Thanks for your efforts,
Marcos Mezo

--