Re: "Trivial Question" - 32bit vs. 64bit vs. 32/64bit

Dear all,

I would like to raise other trivial questions for which I cannot
find answers in the AMD64 HOWTO or via google:

- What does pure64 mean? When do I want pure64?

- Same for biarch, what does it mean, when do I want it?

(I just ordered a dual Opteron system and soon I have to decide
what to install on it.)

I would appreciate any answers or pointers to answers. And, of
course, I am happy to produce a patch for the HOWTO.

Bye,

Hendrik Tews

Hendrik Tews     Department of Theoretical Computer Science
                 Dresden University of Technology, Germany

e-mail:    	 tews@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de
www:       	 http://home.pages.de/~tews/