Re: "Trivial Question" - 32bit vs. 64bit vs. 32/64bit

On Thu, 27 May 2004 09:06:10 +0200
Rainer Koenig <Rainer.Koenig@fujitsu-siemens.com> wrote:

> Elie De Brauwer <elie@de-brauwer.be> writes:
>
> > I think you made mistake there, the most recent nvidia driver is
> > version 1.0-5336, which has 2.6 kernel support (running it atm on a
> > 2.6.6). Before that there were patches available to make it work.
>
> > It can be found:
> > http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-5336.html
>
> And runs only on the 32bit plattform.
>
> > Don't know anything about amd64 compatibility however.
>
> The AMD64 driver is available at
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_1.0-5332.html
>
> There is unfortunately no 1.0-5336 for AMD64 so if you try to compile
> the 1.0-5332 it will complain that the module uses a wrong object
> module format (".o" instead of ".ko").
>
> And here is debian-amd64 or am I wrong? ;-)

I know, forgot to scroll down, and I wasn't aware that the amd64
branch was behind. Little mistake of me ;-)

--
Elie De Brauwer
http://www.de-brauwer.be

No animals were hurt and no microsoft products were used during the
creation of this e-mail