Re: pure64 port visibility

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 08:20:08AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> GRUB does work to boot amd64 kernels, and I would suspect lilo does too.
> Of course, the question really may be finding installers for those two
> that run in 64-bit mode.

I follow lilo and grub upstream development since 1-1.5 months now;
they are both 32bit only, and only grub seems to consider suopporting
amd64. All GNU/Linux distros I checked (SuSE, Gentoo, Fedora, Mandrake)
have the so-called grub-static 32bit binaries. Grub supports only
building with -m32 on x86_64.

I have i386-sid / pure64 dual-boot with i386-sid lilo running fine. As
long as you have a 32bit installation too on your disk, either lilo or
grub work. For pure64, we have grub-static built on old-biarch in the
archive, like the other distros.

Greetings
Frederik Schueler

--