RE: amd64 installer (Debian From Scratch)

There are two modules which  install SATA support for Sil3114: siimage
and sata_sil. If  you use siimage your disk ends  up as /dev/hde (this
happens in  Mandrake 10 for  amd64 and it  works for me on  Tyan Tiger
K8W+Opteron) sata_sil installs the disk as /dev/sda (Gentoo 2004.0 for
amd64 -  didn't work  for me). This  is a  bit off-topic but  might be
interesting for you anyway.

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0404.1/1193.html

Piotr Kopszak

   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw