Re: gcc-3.4 to unstable for amd64?

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 10:41:02PM +0200, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> 3. is pure64 going to be included in sarge?

 Not unless Sarge takes forever to get released.  It would be bad for pure64
with a lot of bugs to make it into a stable release that is supposed to be
solid for a couple years.  _years_.  Think about it.

> 4. if neither gcc-3.4 nor pure64 are going to be released with sarge, but
>    gcc-3.4 will become default after the release, why should we not already
>    build everything with gcc-3.4, since it produces faster code?

 Because they also end up with a dep on libgcc1 >= 1:3.4-0.  There are some
packages in pure64 sid that are like that, and the dep isn't satisfiable
because gcc 3.4 isn't in sid.  :(

 I don't know which repository my system got libgmp3 4.1.2-4.1 from, but it
has that problem, along with fakeroot 0.9.5.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)