Re: gcc-3.4 to unstable for amd64?

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 04:17:58PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> As I understand it, from the amd64 side we really don't want to get
> ahead of unstable because it makes things much more difficult later to
> get things into the archive if we actually get space on the mirrors...
> I'm not 100% sure though, John Goerzen knows more about that.

I have some questions:

1. when does the gcc maintainer team plan to release 3.4 to unstable?

2. will gcc-3.4 be included in sarge?

3. is pure64 going to be included in sarge?

4. if neither gcc-3.4 nor pure64 are going to be released with sarge, but
   gcc-3.4 will become default after the release, why should we not already
   build everything with gcc-3.4, since it produces faster code?

5. if we will release pure64 with sarge, why are there ppl ignoring our
   patches and releasing their packages without amd64 support, like latest
   ssh and apt?

We continue to build the initial repository on alioth with gcc-3.3 as long
as there is no decision made.

Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG