Re: Amd64 status

 || On Tue, 04 May 2004 18:11:18 +0200
 || Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

 brederlo> Preferably (my opinion) it should be split three ways:

 brederlo> 1. Common problems
 brederlo> 2. Installing biarch and biarch problems
 brederlo> 3. Installing pure64 and pure64 problems

 brederlo> (2/3 should be ordered by what works best currently)

Yes, that would be really ideal to have. Also I suggest that people who install
it to send a brief installation report to this list, so that people who search
the archives would find those reports useful.

 brederlo> The common problems could have references into 2 and 3 like "How do I
 brederlo> install Debian amd64 and what options do I have?" that would briefly
 brederlo> explain the two flavours and link to 2 and 3 respectively.

That would be very useful.

 >> I have with me a brand-new Athlon64 and am planning to buy the rest of the
 >> stuff to put together a new box real soon, and would like to help with the
 >> port.

 brederlo> Lucky you.

:-)

I still don't have a motherboard, it is still too expensive (Rs 8000 =~ $200)
and I don't have money to buy it immediately. :-( I am waiting for the price
to come down, which is expected in another week or two.

--
    Ramakrishnan                   <rkrishnan@debian.org>
   Use Free Software -- Help stamp out Software Hoarding!