Re: Debian installer [Was: Re: Support for amd64 on ftp.debian.org?]

 > It looks 2.6 is quiet mature on K8, but DI support for it is still on
 > the TODO list. At least a fresh svn update on my debian-installer
 > sources shows there actually is work being done in this direction,
 > but so far only to assure DI builds on a 2.6 host.

 You don't actually want anything _but_ 2.6 on a AMD64 box.  A couple of
 months ago, I was in a project working with a cluster of AMD64's and we
 were forced to use a 2.4 kernel.  That was nothing but trouble after
 trouble, and the performance _sucks_ compared to 2.6.

 Marcelo