Building gcc-3.3 for pure64.

Does anybody know what is needed to make gcc-3.3 compile?  It
seems to try to build a biarch version which fails on pure64.
I assume the version just doesn't support 32 bit.

I think it would be useful that the gcc on pure64 was still able
to compile 32bit code.  I'm not really sure on how to be able to
support both biarch and pure64 from the same source package.

I also notice that when compiling gcc defaults to link to "lib64"
and not "lib".  I think that libs that you create also go to
/lib64, which causes problem packaging some packages because it
created a "lib64" dir while the package expected a lib dir.

Anybody have any suggestion on how to handle this?

Kurt