Getting started

Giovanni Romano wrote:

Hi I'm new in this mailing list.
I want install debian port on my AMD64bit.
How can i have this?

Normal 32 bit debian works fine. The pure 64 bit and biarch 32/64 bit ports are experimental. All three can coexist on one machine, so _my_ machine is triple boot with all three available. You may have reasons not to do that, such as being short of disk space or similar.

For the pure64 start here ...
http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/debian-amd64-200403/msg00003.html

For the biarch start here ...
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/1314/21/debian-amd64-howto.html

Note that I'm trying to do a second biarch install and I can't resolve all the dependencies. So the fact that I'm showing you where to start doesn't mean that you'll succeed ... !

Hope that helps,
   Alex.