Re: Where to from here?

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 02:16:08PM -0800, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> lib64* and anything depending on lib64* are broken packages in a
> pure-64-bit distribution, I would think.  lib64* should be removed and
> anything with deps on lib64* should be reverting to depending on lib*.

 Would it make sense to make dummy lib64 packages, or put provides lines in
the pure64 packages?  Letting people use lib64* names helps the people who
want to eventually have biarch systems, right?  Supporting it might let
people avoid work duplication between the biarch system and the pure64 system,
which was one of the main concerns with pure64 in the first place.

 Or maybe I've got it all wrong and this would just make a mess of
everything and cause more problems than it solved...

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)