Re: openssl (and ssh)

The upstream version of openssl passes "make test" using default settings.
So it's a debian issue.  This is how I got round it:

You just pull the debian source,
look in the file "Configure" for the line
containing "linux-x86_64",
duplicate it,
on the copy change that string to be "debian-amd64",
then debuild.  The resulting packages seem to work.

I've got to run an errand.  I'll put the modified version on the archive
when I get back ... and put a bug report in that requests the change.
The paragraph above should be enough for people who're in a hurry.
8-)

Alex.