Seeking a kernel package
I would like to have an amd64 kernel-image package that I can put in my
repo. To start with, I think it would be best to have one compiled like
* .deb package built with kernel-package
* 64-bit kernel with support for 32-bit bins also
* No modules -- everything compiled in statically
* Kernel 2.6.x, latest rc version
* support for just about all different hardware stuff turned on,
including those things that are not "known to compile" or labeled
* support for ipv4, ipv6, RAID, LVM (multi-disk), etc. built in.
* ext2, ext3, xfs, reiser, jfs built in.
* sound is not needed.
* USB is not needed. firewire is not needed.
The idea is to give people something they can install and *know* will
work, then use it to be able to build their own 64-bit kernel from the
Since it's built without modules, the kernel image itself could also be
posted. That'll help for people bootstrapping from an i386 Debian dist.