Re: AMD64 Status Update -- And Future Directions

    Stephen> * Roland Fehrenbacher (rf@q-leap.de) wrote:
    >> The problem with your approach of doing 64bit first and then multiarch
    >> is that it is has just the wrong timing. 32 bit compatibility is needed
    >> most now and not sometime in the future when you care thinking about it.

    Stephen> The only wrong timing about it is that it took this long for
    Stephen> someone to do it.

That is a wrong timing indeed but not the only one.

As I said, no one should stop you from doing this port. That would be
ridiculous. After all we are talking about voluntary effort here which should
be applauded in the first place. Still I think your time could be better
invested, but who am I to tell you ... ;-)

Fellow multiarch backers: How are we going to proceed from here? We need to get
out of the theory phase and do some practical stuff soon in my opinion. What
can be done, what is the status/plan, Goswin, Bart, Arndt, ....