Re: Concerns about AMD64 port

> Eric Sharkey <sharkey@netrics.com> writes:
>
> > > Never abandon apt. That path leads to despair.
> >
> > It seems necessary at the moment, given that the versions files have
> > problems for both sid and sarge.
> >
> > > If you see a depends problem with sarge on alioth tell me asap.
> >
> > The versions file lists 'perl-base 5.8.0-18' but other perl packages
> > depend on perl >= 5.8.0-21.lib64.
> >
> I see the perl problem when I turn on debug in cdebootstrap. I don't
> know where it comes from since I took care to use the right perl
> packages when I set it up initially.

Are you saying that 5.8.0-18 is the "right perl"?

> > There is no gdb listed in the versions file at all, despite a gdb packge
> > being available in the pool.
>
> Is it working?

I don't know.  I'd rather see broken packages in the archive than none at
all.  At least with people checking them out and trying to run them, we
might get valuable bug reports/patches.  If they're not apt-get'able,
they probably won't become working any time soon.

> All Depends there?

How did you build the package without its dependents?

Eric