Re: Concerns about AMD64 port

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

You can already do that starting with the repository from
alioth. Thats what we all do. If you are a developer you should not
have problems setting up a chroot and add any libs you need.

alioth is massively out of date - isn't this where we started?

Also there are far too many problems with it... there are only a handful of libraries converted (which don't include many of the ones I need), and there are circular dependencies etc. that can't be resolved easily (essentially you have to abandon apt to get it installed at all). It's been unchanged now for 6 months while people argue about the difference in meaning between ABI and Architecture.

Tony