Re: first XFree86 packages availabl

I've been struggling with this for a couple of days, and really can't work out how to install these X packages...

There appear to be a bunch of circular conflicts, that are unresolvable (apt tries to resolve them by uninstalling xbase-clients which isn't particularly useful).

I've got both alioth and the expermimental debian archive in my sources.list (for xlibs 4.3.0 and some others).

Attempting to install xlibs gives:

xlibs: Depends: xlibs-data (= 4.3.0-0pre1v3) but 4.3.0-0pre1v3.lib642 is to be installed

xlibs depends on xlibs-data, so I try to force that and get:

xlib64s: Depends: xlibs-data (= 4.3.0-0pre1v3.lib642) but 4.3.0-0pre1v3 is to be installed

So I either have to remove xlibs, breaking all the 32bit software, or xlib64s, breaking all the 64bit software.

I try to go back to the 32bit xbase-clients, and end up in the same circle with xlibs-data which can't be installed.

I tried forcing it all but then it breaks apt completely because it won't do anything until I resolve the conflict.

From the feedback it seems some people have managed this... what's the magic install order to get it to work?

Tony