Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-09

Please don't top post.  It's a pain having to sort the order of
messsages --- too much so that I am going to delete the cited cited
stuff.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 09:39:40AM +1000, Darren Goossens wrote:
> I don't have a PCI USB card, though perhaps I should invest in one.
> Nearly everything now is PCI-E, so something secondhand, I guess.

Or use the CD.  You can write a second CD with the required non-free
firmware packages.  That should work as well as providing them on
USB memory stick, etc.

The qlogic firmware is essential to drive the SCSI on many Alphas.

Cheers,
Michael.