Re: Alpha ES45 buildd

On 10/04/12 06:23, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 07:15:50PM +0100, Tim Cutts wrote:
>> That's what we would rather happened to them, but they do need to leave our data centre; we're close to our power limits, and we could run quite a lot of stuff on the power those Alphas use.  :-)
>>
>> Goetz was one of the two official buildd machines when for lenny, so I know it's up to the job...
>
> How much power does an ES45 use?  Just curious.  Obviously a lot more
> than my PWS433.

With the buildd "Imago" (which is an ES45 with three 1.25GHz CPUs and 4
Gbyte memory) switch off our little server room was using about 4.5
amps.  Turning on Imago and setting it building packages brought the
load up to 7 amps.  So it uses 2.5 amps @ 230 V which gives about 600 W.
The numbers are approximate (at least +/- 0.5 A on each current reading).

Cheers
Michael.