Re: KDE working again(?)

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:08:41AM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
> On 24/04/2012, at 9:18 AM, Bob Tracy wrote:
> >Happy day!  KDE is now working again, at least remotely (NX session).
> >I'll try a console session later as time permits.
>
> Nice.
>
> >Any idea what the culprit was?
>
> No idea whatsoever.

Console KDE session working fine also.  No change in iceweasel's
behavior since I last had a working GUI environment, but I don't think
there has been an update to that package since then: I've got version
10.0.2-1+alpha installed.  I seem to remember I was working my way back
through the firefox standard code base trying to find the latest version
that works: I got as far back as 10.0 before KDE broke, and that release
contains the hang bug.  I'll keep going backward: 8.0.1 is a known good
lower bound on the search :-).

--Bob