Re: firefox-4.0.1

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 02:48:05PM -0500, Bob Tracy wrote:
> Build successfully completed.  Segfaults immediately on invocation: no
> surprise there.  I'll report back when I've got something working, and I
> expect that will be a while: the combination of tool chain updates and
> the huge size of the mozilla code base makes for tedious debugging.

Well...  *That* didn't take long.  In other words, I got lucky :-).  I've
got a working 4.0.1.  The "nsThreadUtils.*" patches (modified versions due
to changes between 3.6.12 and 4.0.1) were needed to get rid of the segfaults.
No js JIT.  No IPC.  In other words, pretty much what has become the status
quo on Alpha.  For what it's worth, the 4.0.1 JIT is *much* improved over
the 3.6.12 version based on casual testing on my AMD k6-III/450, and it
would be quite the coup to get it working on Alpha.

--Bob