Re: Netboot on Multia

Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 05:58:58PM -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>>    Is there anyway to get to another console shell during the etch
>> install to remove the already installed packages in
>> /target/var/cache/apt/archives?
>
> When using tgafb, you /should/ be able to switch vts with alt-f2 to get a
> shell.  If this isn't working, I'm afraid I have no insights.

     Huh -- I just tried doing a Alt-F2 during the install -- it's at
the point of "unpacking the base system" about 48& done. So, I do the
Alt-F2 and let it sit there to see if it will open another console after
awhile -- I leave it for maybe 5 minutes -- nope, nothing happens, so
then I try doing a Alt-F1, and bingo, the screen updates very quickly.
So what it does do is sort of lock the screen, nothing updates until I
continue. Weird, eh? I've never experienced this before in linux. I know
in X you usually have to do a Ctrl-Alt-F2 to get to a shell, and
sometimes several times.

--
Harmon Seaver