Re: Netboot on Multia

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 07:35:13PM -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:

>    Following the srm howto, I first did:

> set ewa0_mode Auto-Sensing
> set ewa0_protocols bootp

>  then did

> boot ewa0 -fl "console=ttyS0"

> > (And I think Multia should even be supported now for TGA console?)

>    Doesn't seem to be -- the boot sequence on the TGA console stops
> right after the lights on the keyboard flash, just like it did before. I
> think it loads initrd, and kernel, then nothing.

Well, certainly you won't get TGA console if you boot with console=ttyS0.  I
thought we had TGA support working in the dailies, though.  .... hmm, nope,
never been enabled.  Let's fix that now. :)

Serial console support certainly shouldn't have changed lately anyway; so if
you're hooked up to ttyS0 and not getting console, it does sound like a
serial config issue to me.