Re: Netboot on Multia

>>>>> "Harmon" == Harmon Seaver <hseaver@gmail.com> writes:

Harmon>    Bummer! After trucking along rather well for the whole
Harmon> install, it crashed at the end when it was installing the
Harmon> kernel and intramfs stuff -- no more room on the disk. Kind of
Harmon> a drag that you can't do a base install on 340mb -- I didn't
Harmon> even partition any of it for swap.

Yes you can. Even did it yesterday :

maz@spellbound:~$ df
/dev/sda1               434998    273600    138938  67% /
tmpfs                   124904         0    124904   0% /lib/init/rw
udev                     10240        72     10168   1% /dev
tmpfs                   124904         0    124904   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda3                 9970      8594       844  92% /boot

Note that the installer doesn't clear installed packages. So you have
to get a shell and clear /target/var/cache/apt/archives before
resuming the installer.

Harmon>     Does anyone know if the external scsi on the multia is on
Harmon> the same scsi chain as the internal drive? I know when I was
Harmon> playing with the external case before I was having a lot of
Harmon> trouble with what seemed like termination problems, maybe the
Harmon> external doesn't need termination???

Same bus. This multia is running off a 500MB disk in an external case,
*with* proper termination.

Regards,

	M.
--
And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there...