Re: manipulating FPU rounding modes on alpha

Hi,

>> this is exactly the same result that I get on Uwe's EV56 without and
>> with math_emu. I'm not in the position to discuss whether math_emu
>> should be a module or built in.
>
> Using which kernel?

linux-image-2.6.21-2-alpha-generic 2.6.21-6

> Here is my /proc/cpuinfo in case you want to compare against the other
> EV56 that supposedly worked fine without math_emu:

This seems to be a misunderstanding. If the module is loaded, everything
is fine; if it is not loaded, I get the same errors as you. So the other
EV56 behaves exactly like your machine.

Joachim

P.S.: Please CC: me on replies.