Re: G450 PCI and UP2000

On 21/07/2006 12:22:15, mattsimis wrote:
I thought the Voodoo 5500 wasnt working either at all or properly
(something about one of the VSA chips being disabled, effectively making it a Voodoo 4500). Knowing my luck, the V5500 wont boot on the UP2000..

The Voodoo 4/5 cards are really well supported and still good at low end 3D graphics. Just enough to see Quake II and Egoboo running one day every year on my PWS.
The second chip of the Voodoo 5 card is simply not used.

I had to do this:

set pci_override -1

to get the video card recognized by SRM.

This UP2000 and the 164UX (Raptor) I had before have to be most
uncompatible Alpha boards in regards GFX support out there! Anyone want to buy that Radeon!? ;)

Maybe yes! :)

Bye
gl